Not enough space for drying all the laundry? Then make some by mounting a DIY drying rack on your wall!
Some clothes are not meant to be put in the dryer and it’s not always convenient to hang them outside! Sure there are lots of drying racks available. But they take up floor space and need a home when they’re not being used! A wall mounted drying rack is a much nicer solution 🙂
You can buy new materials for this project but a much cheaper and simpler solution is to upcycle a playpen or crib! It’s an easy and inexpensive solution you can accomplish easily over the weekend.
Do you need this in your laundry area?
You’ll need these materials:
- 2 x 2’ Precut Birch (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 pcs 1/2 x 2” Poplar Boards
- 2 pcs 3/8” Dowel Rods (48” long)
- Sash Lock
- Narrow Loose Pin Hinges (set of two)
- D Ring Hangers (for mounting on wall)
- Bracketed Hinge for side (or chain with small screw eyes)
- 3 pcs White Porcelain Knobs
- Primer and Paint of choice
- Wood Filler
And these tools:
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to Centsational Girl for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…