One of the staples during camping trips and bonfires are smores. Almost all people, regardless of age, love them. I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like smores. Even on regular days at home, we are sometimes tempted to make them.
For smores lovers like us, here’s a very useful tool you’ll surely love. These smores cone forks are intended for holding smores cones over the fire. Surely, you wouldn’t want to hold them by hand.
This DIY project is easy to make and super useful as well. Wait ‘till you see the smiles on the faces of your family and friends. They’ll light up once you hand them their own fork!
- 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch diameter stainless steel rod
- 3/4 inch cherry dowel for handles
- Leather cord for hanging when storing
- Water based polyurethane for the handles
- Two part epoxy to glue the handles to the metal shaft
- 1″ PVC pipe
- Water Based Polyurethane
- Tig welder
- Bolt cutters
- Table saw
- Oscillating belt sander
- Rotary tool for grinding and polishing welds
- Drill press
- Pipe wrench
- Leather gloves
- Safety glasses
- Dust mask
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to stevemoseley for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…
Here’s a quick video…