Do you love bonding with friends and family over board games? Then here’s a furniture project for you!
This custom furniture item is a dedicated gaming table that measures 4’x6′. It offers a really spacious surface that’s enough for up to six people to comfortably lay out the board game, their cards and chips without worrying about anything falling off the edge of the table.
It includes shelves as the based where you can keep all your board games. This storage is not only space-saving, it also lets you easily see and access games you wish to play.
Now it may seem like a professionally made gaming table, very similar to the real ones you can find out there. But this DIY project is easier to build than it looks! You don’t need to have a full workshop with a table saw, a planer, a drill press or what have you. With just simple tools, you can definitely make your own gaming table with storage!
Is this going to be your next DIY project?
You’ll need these materials:
- 1 sheet – 1/2″ Plywood (4′ x 8′)
- 7 pcs – 2″x4″x8′ Boards; plain wall framing kind
- 2 pcs – 3/4″x2″x4′ Red Oak Lumber
- 2 pcs – 3/4″x2″x4′ Poplar Lumber
- 2 pcs – 3/4″x2″x6′ Red Oak Lumber
- 2 pcs – 3/4″x2″x6′ Poplar Lumber
- 4 pcs – 3/4″x4″x4′ Red Oak Lumber
- 4 pcs – 3/4″x4″x6′ Red Oak Lumber
- Roll of 3mm Neoprene Rubber Mat (with nylon on one side; optional)
- Wood Glue
- Wood Screws (1.25″ and 2.5″)
For the base:
- 2 sheets – 3/4″ Red Oak Plywood (4’x8′)
- Shelf Pins
- One 3/4″x4″x6′ Red Oak Lumber for Trim (optional)
And these tools:
- Circular Saw
- Random Orbital Sander
- Hammer and Brads (Trim Nails)
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
You can get step-by-step instructions from RoguePirin!