If you’re looking for a great chicken coop design idea, you’re in luck. This DIY project will not only allow you to save money but it will also give you a great-looking chicken coop. There are a lot of designs and plans out there but I’m liking this A-frame one a lot.
While free-range chickens are very popular nowadays, having a chicken coop is still a good idea. It will keep your chickens safe from predators. It’s also a nice shelter that will shield them from extreme weather conditions.
There are two things that I loved about this A-frame chicken coop. First, it’s movable. Second, it’s self-cleaning. This makes life a whole lot easier, don’t you think?
- 22 – 2×4″x8′ boards (studs)
- 2 – 2×8″x10′ – pressure-treated boards
- 2 – 2×8″x6′ – pressure-treated boards
- 1 – 1×6″x6′ – pressure-treated board
- 3 – 1×3″x8′ boards for trimming doors
- 3/4″ poultry net staples
- 3″ exterior screws
- 1-inch hardware cloth, 2 rolls
- 2 – 1.75-in W x 3.98-in L x 5/16-in Dia. Stainless Steel U-Bolt
- Miter Saw
- Framing Wizard
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Wanna learn how to build an A-frame chicken coop? Watch the video below.