Don’t have the extra space for a dedicated craft area at home? Why let that stop you from being creative and working on awesome projects when you can make your own space-conscious craft station. Build a foldable craft table!
This DIY furniture project has a similar design as that of Ikea’s NORDEN Gateleg Table which has foldable table top and legs. When in use, the craft table provides around 66 x 26 inches of work surface. And when completely folded the unit occupies very little space in fact, about the same as a freestanding shelf.
It’s definitely a great piece of furniture to have when space is at a premium in your home but when you still need a comfortable setup for working on your craft projects.
Is this the kind of craft table you need for your space? Then take note of the tools and materials that you will need and learn how to build one yourself from the tutorial provided below!
You’ll need these materials:
- 4 pcs 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ x 29″ Table Legs
- 4 pcs 1 1/2″ x 9 3/4″ x 3/4″ Support Boards for Front and Back
- 6 pcs 1 1/2″ x 23 1/2″ x 3/4″ Support Boards for the Sides
- 2 pcs 26 1/2″ x 26 1/2″ x 1/2″ Table Top Plywood Boards (can also be substituted with 3/4″)
- 1 –pc 13 1/4″ x 26 1/2″ x 1/2″ Table Top Center Board (can also be substituted with 3/4″)
- 2 pcs 2″ x 29″ x 3/4″
- 2 pcs 1 1/2″ x 26 1/2″ x 3/4″
- 4 pcs 1 1/2″ x 19 7/8″ x 3/4″
- 8 pcs 3/4″ x 3/4″ x 8″
- 2 pcs 24 3/4″ x 9 3/4″ x 1/2″
- 4 pcs 3-4″ Door Hinges
- 4 pcs 1″ Door Hinges
- 4 pcs 1″ Corner Hinges / L-Shaped Hinges
- 1-1/2″ Screws
- 4 pcs Wheel Casters (optional)
- 2 Door Stopper (optional)
- Paint, Stain or Sealer (optional)
- Edging Tape
And these tools:
- Screwdriver (electric and manual)
- Kreg Jig
- Household Iron
- Miter Saw
- Table/Circular Saw
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
You can get step-by-step instructions from Betty over at Remodelaholic…